An ancient Panay Island warrior looks down on his hunting trophy - a dead Marcupo.
A Marcupo or Makupo is a giant serpent in Philippine mythology (specifically among the Hiligaynons). Its characteristics include a prominent red crest on its head, a long tongue with thorn like hairs, sharp tusks, and a forked tail. It is said that the Marcupo can spit venom much like a cobra. Moreover, the Marcupo is also known to sing sonorously during quiet days. Its main habitat is in heavily forested mountains.
- tropical-gothic reblogged this from nueromancer84
- gregoriodelpilar reblogged this from nueromancer84
- rtnneedsaving reblogged this from nueromancer84
- barbecuedog likes this
- batahala likes this
- maladroit-romantique reblogged this from nueromancer84
- abstractscarecrow likes this
- jen176 likes this
- soxeun likes this
- nueromancer84 posted this